Manor Lodge Residential Care Home opened its doors in October 2012, providing a brand new, custom-designed dementia care facility for the local people of Norfolk. This state-of-the-art residential, respite and day care home has been built alongside Manor House, in Blofield, just seven miles from the ‘Fine City’ of Norwich.
Manor Lodge builds upon the qualities already present at the nearby Manor House, sharing its lovely atmosphere and its incredible, friendly team of dedicated staff to become a specialist ‘beacon service’ for people with dementia in this part of Norfolk.
From the outset of this ambitious project, we were determined to prove how intelligent, forward-thinking design can help to support people with dementia. So we commissioned architect, Tom Ground, who had previous experience in this field, and called upon our combined family experience of over 60 years in care home management to work together in creating this unique new development.
Frances Friday, Manager of Manor Lodge
Although having the right building plays an integral part in providing dementia care, having the right team of people is paramount. Manor Lodge’s Manager is Frances Friday, who has been involved within the family organisation for some 20 years.
Frances has a wealth of experience in caring for elderly people with dementia, having completed her Health and Social Care NVQ level 4 and also level 4 in Leadership and Management.
Frances and her team have scored highly, year on year, in our relative/resident satisfaction survey results and was also rated ‘Good’ in the last Care Quality Commission unannounced inspection.
An experienced management team strongly supports Frances. Together, they are responsible for a group of staff who are knowledgeable in dementia care and understanding of people’s needs, being patient and, above all, having a caring and sensitive nature. The team are supported by our fantastic training manager – Marina Collins.
Our facilities and services
Much thought and planning have gone into the layout, facilities and style of services that are available at Manor Lodge care home. A full information pack is available upon request, but here are some of the key points from it:
- Small group living – the building has been designed around the concept of small group living, meaning that residents are with people of a similar disposition to themselves – using several day and dining areas – and yet have space and freedom to enjoy the building and grounds when weather permits.
- Living life to the full – our aim is to create a life-enhancing experience for residents through the environment, the approach from staff and the day-to-day activities. There will be lively and involving programmes for everyone’s enjoyment – from gardening to baking, life skills and outings, to reminiscence sessions.
- The importance of gardens – a central theme of Manor Lodge will be residents’ access and proximity to both ‘sensory’ and traditional gardens. All bedrooms have views of a garden (some with direct access) so that residents will feel connected to the tranquillity and calmness of the outdoors as well as having the constant reminder of the ever-changing seasons.
- This is a small-scale development of only 26 bedrooms, thereby giving a family / homely feel.
- Bedrooms, hallways and communal areas have large windows creating lots of natural light, thus helping remind residents of the time of day.
- Hallways are wide, though incorporate little meeting areas.
- There is a communal quiet room/meeting room.
- A hair salon is on-site.
- Décor and furnishings have a truly ‘homely’ feel, though incorporate clever use of colour to aid residents’ orientation.
- Large photo frames on residents’ doors will contain personal pictures to help in identifying rooms.
- Kitchenettes are included, both to give a homely feel and to help with cooking activities.
- The latest care-call system is in use, using sensor mats.
Registering your interest
Those interested in receiving further details of Manor Lodge should please call 01603 713965, asking to speak to Frances or one of the senior management team.
Download the Manor Lodge brochure
Compare us on independent site www.carehome.co.uk
Latest CQC report